Recommendations on Secure Shopping
Over the last few years e-commerce has become a global trend. Online shopping is becoming more and more popular year by year because it’s so easy, convenient and efficient! You need only a computer connected to the Internet. Range of goods and services is almost limitless - from antique furniture to office supplies, from household appliances to food products, from books to tourist vouchers for travelling all over the world. There are no queues even during sales season, not to mention that online stores offer discounts much more often than usual ones.
There are many different methods for making online payments. One of the most popular and convenient methods for remote payments in the world is payment card. Don’t forget that online stores are at risk of being targeted by fraudsters. A wide range of technologies used for prevention of fraud allow to make online payments secure.
Payment gateway used for conducting transactions employs the most reliable system – 3-D Secure for ensuring security of transactions with bank cards. Connection to the payment gateway’s server is secured by 128-bit encryption TLS/SSSL and certificate encrypted by 2048 encryption key.
How can you know that payment in online shop will be secure? Below are specified parameters to which you should pay attention upon making payments:
- Legal and actual addresses, phone number and e-mail address for provision of supplemental information must be displayed on web site.
- Online shop’s bank details.
- “Verified by Visa” or “MasterCard SecureCode” logo displayed on online shop’s web site means that the online shop is covered by Secure Payment System and that holders of Visa and MasterCard cards can pay for online purchases without hesitation.
- Description of procedures and terms of payment, delivery of goods and refund in case of errors.
- . Prior to completion of the transaction on the Internet, read the terms of delivery and the rules for its return. Find out whether you can return the product, and who bears the cost of returning the goods. All these rules are usually posted on online store’s web sites. If there are no such rules, you probably should not make a purchase in this store.
- It would be useful also to read reviews on the online store.
- If you made successful purchases from that online store before, take a look at your browser’s address line and make sure that there are no additional letters in the site’s address, that letter “o” was not replaced by “0” and that hyphens were not added to words.
- Under no circumstances Processing.kz may ask you to provide your PIN code. You need to enter only CVV2/CVC2 code (printed on the back side of your card). Never communicate your PIN code to anyone, even to bank’s support service and our company.
- If your card is covered by Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode program, you must keep your Internet password secret. Never communicate it to anyone.
If you have chosen goods/services on the website of the online store you like and you are satisfied with all the above mentioned parameters, proceed to the next step – confirmation of payment.
Enjoy your shopping!